reading

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” Dr.Sues

Saturday, November 30, 2013

And Then There Were None

And Then There Were None is a mystery book by Agatha Christie that taught me never to trust people you don't know enough about.

  The book talks about ten people unexpectedly invited to a weekend dinner on a small island on the coast of Devon. Each of the ten members were each invited in different ways and for different reasons. Once they got there they realized their unknown host and hostess weren't available. None of the guests were familiar with each other and when the started to get to know one another, they were all accused of murder.That was the first thing that made them notice they weren't there for a special relaxing weekend diner.

  Things didn't get any better after that, and the guests started disappearing, or in other words leaving this world, one after the other. The weekend they thought would make them forget all their worries, became their worst nightmare. They searched the whole small island and found no one other than the remaining guests and no possible hiding place.


  The weekend ends along with the lives of the members of the 'dinner' and the murderer is the only one with the truth of the story of the island.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Rana. I think this is one of the best summaries I've ever read! Very descriptive! I think you were suppose to give us a little more about how you personally felt about this book, but other than that, your summary was good. I'm actually interested in reading this book now!
    -Noor

    ReplyDelete
  2. This summary really shows how the novel is filled with tons of action and mystery that make me want to grab it off the shelf as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rana, I would just like to say that I really enjoyed reading this book review. I personally like mystery novels the best and I've never read this book before. So you gave me something to add to my reading list. I hope you continue to read these types of books because I look forward to seeing what other books you review in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rana,
    First off, I would like to say that was a very descriptive summary of the book, it provided us with vital information to know as readers what the story is about. Apart from that, I would like to provide you with feedback that will strengthen your posts and allow us as readers to know your feelings about the book. In a kind manner, I would like to say that the response needs a little bit more than just a summary but also the point of view the story is written in, your feelings about the story, and most importantly your recommendation.
    Apart from the book and to a positive side, your blog looks great! You truly personalized it and I love how it differs greatly from any other blog I have seen. I am eager to see what you have to offer to us in your upcoming posts, great job!
    - Chad Issa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rana!
    You did a great job on your book review! You gave us a solid, brief summary of the novel and told us the lesson it taught you.
    Next time though, I suggest you give more information about the main characters and maybe your opinion about this story, and who you would recommend it to.
    Moving on from your book review, your blog is wonderful! I'm in love with the design and the colorful choices you made. I'm looking forward to your upcoming posts and what your planning to share with us!
    I'm really thinking of reading this book now, also since I love the genre of Mystery.
    -Tameem Muhsen

    ReplyDelete